Covid News and Policies
We have a few changes that I thought everyone should know about. In keeping with scientific evidence, common sense, and the guidance of the Oregon Health Authorities we will be doing the following. Some things are still in flux. Please check here for the most current information.
- We are open for business.
- Please do not come if you have symptoms of Cough, fever, chills, sore throat, generalized muscle pain of recent onset, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell. For the CDC list of symptoms click here.
- Call or text the 541-687-9528 and follow the prompts to speak to Janene or Dr. Michels. If you need to miss an appointment please call or text before hand and you will not be charged.
- I will be wearing a mask and we expect you to as well. Try to bring one that will be comfortable lying face down on the chiropractic table. If you don’t have a suitable mask we have inexpensive disposable masks available here.
- We will space appointments in an effort to have only one patient in the office at a time. If you plan on bringing anyone with you please let us know in advance. If you come to the office and the previous patient is still here please wait in the outside porch area or in your car.
- We will sanitize the treatment room after every patient. There are tissues outside and inside the front door for the knob. There is sanitizer available.
- We will be emailing or texting you an invoice a day or two before your appointments in the hope you will pay online. This will save time in the office and avoid card/cash sanitation issues.
- Janene will mostly be working after office hours and from home. Our new phone system allows her to answer calls and texts anytime and anywhere. She has access to the schedule and accounts remotely as well. Call or Text 541-687-9528.
Appointments and Treatment Options
You are in charge of your own healing process. Let us help you create a healing environment that works for you.
- Consultation – No Charge. Dr. Michels will discuss your health concerns without charge. This can be done by phone or in the office.
- Examination. Treatment begins with a thorough history, examination and recommendations. The history includes an evaluation of past and current stress and trauma factors. The examination includes muscle tone and strength, joint and spinal range of motion, Network spinal analysis, and pertinent orthopedic and neurological tests. Recommendations include chiropractic, nutritional, home care, exercises, and referrals. Exam fees start at $27 depending on the type of exam required.
- Acute & Corrective Care. This includes treatment of acute conditions and corrective treatment following injuries, non acute care for improved health and wellness, and release of chronic patterns. Treatment fees start at $42 depending on what procedures are needed.
Payment and Insurance
- Time of Service Payment is expected unless we are billing insurance or other arrangements have been made.
- Maintain a Zero Balance and you will receive an automatic discount.
- PayPal is the preferred form of payment, but cash, check or credit card are fine. But change for cash is limited. It is also possible to call in and make a credit card payment by phone if necessary. Please note that a PayPal account is not necessary to pay by PayPal with your credit card as a guest. If you don’t receive a PayPal link by email you can make a payment here. The PayPal link also allows you to pay with Venmo.
- Insurance – Please pay co-payment at the time of visit. We bill as a courtesy. Insurance contracts are between you and your provider and any unpaid balance is your responsibility.
- Auto Insurance – Payment is generally not required since insurance pays at 100 percent in most cases. You are, however, liable for anything denied by the insurance company.
- Nutritional Supplements and any supplies not covered by insurance must be paid in full at the time of purchase. You will be reimbursed if insurance covers them.
- Payment options can be found here.